As a main focus area of our organization, Big Bend SHRM will foster awareness and appreciation of workplace diversity to HR Professionals, their employers, and other community business leaders. SHRM states, "Generally, diversity refers to the similarities and differences between individuals accounting for all aspects of one’s personality and individual identity."
Featured Diversity Minute video:
- Florida Commission on Human Relations - http://fchr.state.fl.us/
- Talgov Race Relations Page - http://www.talgov.com/ewd/race.cfm
- Florida Diversity Council - http://www.floridadiversitycouncil.org/
- Tallahassee African Coalition - http://tallahasseeafricancoalition.webs.com/
- North Florida Hispanic Coalition - http://www.tnfha.org/
- Asian Coalition of Tallahassee - http://www.asiantlh.org/
- The Family Tree (PRIDEFEST) - http://www.tallahasseepride.com/
Community Involvement/Volunteerism Links
articles/diverse-workforce- requires-balanced-hr- leadership
E-Mail Newsletter Sign Up
SHRM publishes a monthly Diversity electronic newsletter covering a wide variety of topics.
Over the course of the year we will work to present a program on a diversity topic at a monthly meeting and will work to secure a diversity speaker for HR Tallahassee. We will also develop and solidify strategic partnerships with local organization's who focus on diversity (Ability First, Goodwill, Urban League, etc.).
If you would like to volunteer for the diversity committee, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.